Having completed a Sports Medicine fellowship at the Steadman Hawkins Clinic in Vail, Colorado, Dr. Urrea returned home to join the El Paso Orthopaedic Surgery Group in September of 1996. He is board certified by the ABOS. Dr Urrea has specialized training in sports medicine, knee and shoulder surgery, arthroscopy and total knee and shoulder joint replacement.
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons – Fellow
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Texas Medical Association - Delegate
- El Paso County Medical Society – Past President (2009-10), Executive Board
- Texas Orthopaedic Association
- Hawkins Shoulder Society
- Southwest Association of Hispanic American Physicians
- Associate Clinical Professor - 1996 to present
- Sports Medicine, Knee and Shoulder Consultant
- Department of Orthopaedics Surgery and Rehabilitation
- Associate Clinical Professor – 2010 to present
- Sports Medicine Fellowship Program
- Department of Family and Community Medicine
- Paul L. Foster School of Medicine Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso
Dr. Luis H. Urrea II, M.D.